The cycling photos are from my first completed 200 mile bike ride- The Hemet 2006 Double Century. This is my first attempt at posting photos on the internet for others to view. Obviously, I haven't quite got it all figured out, yet. The photos are out of order. There are no captions, unless you right click and select SAVE AS and view the default name.The leg photo shows my swollen Achilles tendon and lower calf muscle on my right leg. I'm still nursing it weeks later. In addition to these photos, there are two professional photos of me at the URLs shown below. I'm pretty sure most of the smiles you see of cyclists on these long rides are fake. Mine were. (take the picture, already!)By the time the photos are taken- somewhere in the 125-190 mile range- nobody is smiling. I'm pedaling uphill or bucking a head wind and fighting to breath in order to catch up with the guy ahead of me and draft so that HE can push the air out of the way rather than my having to do it.
http://redbikephoto.com/Hemet.htm index
http://redbikephoto.com/2006_hemet_dc/image38.html me
http://redbikephoto.com/2006_hemet_dc/image118.html me, again

1 comment:
Ouch! Ouch for the Achilles tendon, and ouch for so many, many miles. I hope if feels good to say you've accomplished it and it's behind you! And yeah for you for being able to do it at all!
Post a Comment