Saturday, January 12, 2008

My first real attempt at trying to get back to "normal"

After being out of town on business for a few days, I took a day of vacation on Thursday. Jayson and I went jogging in the morning. Except for a few minutes on a stair stepper machine a few days earlier, this was my first real attempt at exercise since my surgery 6 weeks ago. We slowly jogged about 3 miles in 30 minutes. Except for tight leg muscles, which I assumed was due to the cool temperatures, I felt perfectly fine during and after the run...that is, until the next day, when I was quite surprised at how sore and stiff my leg muscles were. I haven't been back on the bike, yet, in part due to some repairs which I have yet to accomplish. I can see that its going to be important to resume activities gradually. No church basketball just yet.

Our ward participated in a stake temple day on Thursday. Since there was an overabundance of unreserved capacity in various service opportunities, I tried to make the most of the situation by attending 3 endowment sessions, two initiatory "sessions", and one sealing "session" during the afternoon and evening. I was grateful to have had the strength to enjoy the rare opportunity of spending most of the day in the House of the Lord.

4 comments:

Em said...

Way to be up and at 'em and anxiously engaged in good causes. Makes me happy. Hope it gets easier.

Anonymous said...

Wow... back to running already. Nothing stop you, Dad.

Clayton

Anonymous said...

I was shocked when I read you went running!!!...well have to buddy up as gym partners soon =) Love you!

Pattijean said...

Well Cam - Colon Cancer and jogging, working and raising lots of grandkids and children...You and Kim have been through it. It's interesting, because I was reading Rachael's blog and found Mark Suman who led me to Katie who led me to you. I don't have a current E-mail, address, phone. I know the 22nd is Kim's birthday. Congrats to Judd and all Love, Patti