I hear that aches and pains are just part of the aging process, so I try to ignore them. However, the ache in my hip is getting harder to ignore. So I decided to give my legs a few days rest by not biking to work Thursday and today(Friday), totaling 4 days rest with the weekend. If this helps, I'll have to consider a Mon,Wed,Fri riding schedule rather than Mon-Fri. Last year at this time I was completing 2 double centuries just 2 weeks apart. This year I feel like I'm continuing the physical decline that began with the cancer diagnosis last fall. Its ironic that I'm writing this while waiting in the doctor's office for a post-surgery follow-up appointment. (BTW, I ended up waiting 2 hours and 10 minutes for my turn with the doctor. I finally gave up and went back to work)
On a more upbeat note, the wedding and reception were nice and I will be posting photos and stories as soon as I have a breather from the hectic schedule. Things are noticeably quieter and the food bill noticeably less since Jayson left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! 2 hours??? That's insane! And I can't help but laugh outloud at the thought of Jayson making such a noticeable dent in the food bill! Guess I shouldn't be too surprised.
I'm sorry for all your aches and pains. :(
Post a Comment