As we enter this wonderful season of giving thanks, I appreciate and give thanks for the friendship and relationship I enjoy with each of you. I have additional cause to be grateful because of the blessing of more than 700 additional days of life free of cancer. Only God knows how long I will remain in remission. As the season fast approaches in which we commemorate the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ, to each of you I wish to extend two special invitations.
I cordially invite those of you who reside in the Orange County area to attend the 18th annual non-denominational Community Christmas Celebration sponsored by the Orange Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. This first-rate, free admission event during the first weekend of December is a wonderful way to begin the Christmas season. It has something for everyone: a variety of high quality, inspiring musical performances, hundreds of nativity and Christmas art displays, and even an activity area for children. If you've attended before, you already know how good it is. If this is your first time, you are in for a treat! Even though musical numbers and displays will be open from 5-9pm, attendees are free to arrive or leave whenever they wish. Of course if you wish to watch a particular performer or group, take note of their performance time in the schedule on the following website. This is a non-denominational Community Christmas celebration. There are no sermons- no proselytizing- just Christmas music and art.
674 South Yorba in the City of Orange
December 4, 5, 6 (5-9pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings)
See the following website for additional information:
http://
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also wish to extend to you a very heart felt and personal invitation to invest a few minutes of your time to explore and investigate from the comfort and privacy of your own computer what makes the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints so unique and appealing in a world of meaningless existence, selfishness, and moral decay. This Church, sometimes known as the Mormon or LDS (Latter-Day Saints) Church, makes the bold declaration of being the restored gospel and church that Christ established during his mortal ministry on the earth nearly 2,000 years ago. The Church claims direct authority from Jesus Christ and proclaims that God once again speaks through living and authorized prophets and apostles as he did in the times of the Bible. Just as important, God answers personal prayers and through his Spirit will lead earnest and sincere individuals to the truth. Nearly 180 years ago the Church published a companion book of scripture to the Bible (The Book of Mormon) which, like the Old and New Testaments, testifies that Jesus Christ is the Divine Son of our loving Heavenly Father and the Savior and Redeemer of the world, and the only path to salvation for all God's children, past, present, and future. Modern day scriptures help clarify the purpose of life: where we came from, why we are here, and where we're going.
I recognize that some of you have your own belief systems and I do not wish to take away any of the truth you already possess and value. I only wish to offer additional light and knowledge to those who are interested. I greatly value the friendship and relationship I have with you, which is precisely why I have chosen to share with you my most treasured possession. As with any invitation, this one may be accepted or declined. I do NOT wish to offend you or damage our relationship. This is an invitation with no strings attached. There is no pressure, no coercion, no expectation. No reply is required. Those who wish to learn more are invited to access the following hyperlink:
http://mormon.org
May the joy and hope of this special time of year be a blessing to you and yours.
Your friend,
Cameron Hess

1 comment:
Im excited for the Creche this year! Thanks for the entry...
Love you!
Post a Comment