Saturday, November 06, 2010

Cancer ettiquette?

Some people think there should be an etiquette handbook to keep those with cancer and everyone else from "inflicting themselves upon one another". I have my doubts whether such a book would help. Discussing potentially terminal diseases can be just plain awkward, unless you are a close friend or family member and the sick person signals a willingness to talk openly. I've chosen to be open about my experiences with cancer. I'm sorry if this choice has made anyone feel uncomfortable. Others who have or are battling cancer may not be comfortable talking about their situation and may choose to keep it private. What do YOU think?

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2010/12/hitchens-201012?printable=true

1 comment:

The Hodges Family said...

I know I love you and Im so grateful for your 3 years of being cancer free...we are so blessed to have you in our lives and youre such a great example...thank you for all that you do for each and everyone one of us...day in and day out!