Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I apologize for the State of California

I am embarrassed by, and ashamed of, many of the decisions, laws, jury/judicial decisions, and trends of the State of California. I apologize on behalf of all the other Californians (usually the minority) who feel the same way:

Home Schooling is illegal
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=69177

Voters of California over-ruled by 3 judges on issue of definition of marriage.
http://www.protectmarriage.com/FAQ.php

O.J Acquitted of Murder
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Simpson/simpson.htm

Robert Blake Acquitted of Murder
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/08/04/entertainment/main757429.shtml

Instead of assessing a surcharge to items which can potentially pollute (like was done for bottles and cans) and then let the people choose for themselves, instead California government usually decides that it knows what is best for its "subjects" and completely outlaws items such as plastic bags in supermarkets, while mandating the use of seat belt and motorcycle/bicycle helmet laws,
(which I ALWAYS use, but don't believe should be mandated by law),

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/mar/28/local/me-plastic28
http://www.newswithviews.com/guest_opinion/guest27.htm
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc21212.htm
http://www.bikermatchmaking.com/motorcycle_helmet_law/california_motorcycle_helmet_law.htm

L.A.P.D tradition of violent over reaction and corruption
http://www.truthout.org/article/lapd-stands-down-60-officers-over-may-day-violence
http://www.truthinjustice.org/rampart2.htm

Orange County Sheriff Office Corruption Scandal
http://crime.freedomblogging.com/2007/10/30/the-countys-top-lawmaker-indicted-on-criminal-charges/

Orange County Bankruptcy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Citron

Illegal Immigration allowed to run-a-muck
http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/mexicoflag.asp
(I'm all for LEGAL immigration (even increasing it) for those who wish to wait their turn to enter the country though legal channels, assimilate into American culture, learn English, and be law abiding citizens.)

This list could go on forever. Check the Internet for more.

No comments: